Last updated: September 4th, 2020
MyVoice® is a registered trademark of Ambu Communications Inc.
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (“you“).
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites myvoicemychoices.ca and myvoicestore.ca (collectively, the “Websites“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information generally refers to any information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Your name, address, and email address are all examples of personal information.
- On our Websites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites.
- Through or in connection to our MyVoice® Consumer Survey (“Consumer Survey”) available online and in print format.
- Through or in connection with the other services we offer, including but not limited to package offers containing promotional offers, such as coupons and samples, and information about products or services (including from third parties) offered to MyVoice® Members (the “Package Offers”).
Information We Collect From You
We collect two types of information from you: (1) information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. by using the Services, participating in the Consumer Survey, or making purchases at our Websites); and (2) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
Information that You Voluntarily Provide to Us
Pursuant to the Consumer Survey, we will collect consumer opinions, information about product purchases, and other related household level information (household size, etc.) in order to provide offers of value to the consumers who participate in our surveys as well as to provide marketing information to trusted third parties with whom we work.
In the course of using the Services, including participating in the Consumer Survey or making purchases on our Websites, we may collect various types of personal information about you, including:
- Contact Information: Information you give us may include your first and/or last name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, date of birth, gender, other demographic information and any other information you provide us (collectively, “Contact Information”).
- Household Information: Information regarding your household’s product usage, brand preferences, shopping habits and lifestyles as well as demographic information (for example, number of people in household, age, gender, and household income) (collectively, “Household Information”).
- Email Information: If you opt-in to receive emails from MyVoice® (including email Package Offers) pursuant to the Consumer Survey, we may collect information regarding your activities in relation to the emails we send to you, including whether you are opening the emails and which materials contained in the emails you are choosing to view (collectively, “Email Information”). To this end, we and/or our advertising partners may place web beacons or pixel tags within the emails we send to you. This information is used to determine whether to resend offers to you, send you other relevant offers, and also may be used in combination with that of other members in an aggregate and anonymous format to develop summary reports so that we and our trusted third party partners we can enhance and improve our respective products and services.
Information Derived through Automated Tracking Mechanisms
All information collected by these cookies is anonymous; they do not collect personal information. These cookies are only used to improve how our Websites works and your experience on our Websites.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
The personal information we collect may be used for various purpose, including:
- to present our Websites and their content to you;
- to process your purchases of products and services;
- to communicate with you about orders, purchases, services, accounts, and programs;
- to respond to your customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- to detect, prevent, or investigate security breaches or fraud;
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- to improve our Websites, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences;
- to send you Package Offers by mail and/or email and to tailor such Package Offers to you;
- to send you information about additional offers (including those for research purposes) and information (including additional offers and information from third parties) via email (collectively, the “Additional Offers”) (collectively, Package Offers and Additional Offers shall be referred to as “Offers”);
- to develop summary reports and analysis to enhance and improve the products and services we offer;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share your personal information in the following circumstances:
When We Work with Service Providers – We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as data and credit card processing, website hosting, email delivery, location mapping, postal mail processing and delivery, market research, technical support, and analytics services. We require the companies to refrain from using and disclosing your information except when they are performing work for us or when the disclosure of your information is required by law. For postal mail processing and delivery, we request that these service providers delete your information after they have provided us with the requested support services.
When Sharing Helps Us Protect Lawful Interests – We may disclose your information if the disclosure is permitted or required by law, the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Ambu Communications Inc., our affiliates, our customers or our partners.
When We Share with Other Companies for Marketing Purposes – We may share your information with service providers to provide you with customized promotions and special offers. This can include sharing your information with our trusted third parties for the purpose of executing the mailing or emailing of Package Offers and allowing such trusted third parties to send promotional offers and information about their product or services directly to you by mail or email. We also may share anonymous, aggregated statistics about your use of our Websites and services with other companies.
When You Give Consent – We may share information about you with other companies if you give us permission or direct us to share the information.
When the Information Does Not Identify You – We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may combine information about you with information about other people and share the combined information in a way that does not link your information to you.
Managing your Preferences
With MyVoice®, you are entirely in control of which programs you would like to participate in, so you can choose if you would like to receive email and/or postal mail Offers.
You can indicate your desire not to receive any further email Offers at any time by following the “Unsubscribe” instructions provided in the email Offers that we send you. Alternatively, you may let us know that you do not wish to receive some or all of the email Offers by emailing or writing to us at the addresses provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
Accessing or Correcting Your Information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. If you wish to review, update, correct or remove any of your personal information, please contact us directly at the email or postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section below.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
How We Protect Your Information
Ambu Communications Inc. makes reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information you provide is maintained in a secure environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, Ambu Communications Inc. cannot warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us or from our online services, and you do so at your own risk.
Ambu Communications Inc. has implemented and maintains reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect and maintain from unauthorized access, use, disclosure and alteration of your personal information while it is in our custody and under our control. For example, we use SSL encryption, firewalls, anti-virus and system security monitoring.
Storing and Processing Your Information
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Links to Third Party Websites
Personal Information from Third Parties
Use by Minors
Ambu Communications Inc. does not intend for our Websites or Services to be used by individuals who have not reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. If we discover that we
have collected information from someone who is not of the age of majority, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you are under the age of majority in your province or territory of residence, please do not use our Websites or Services and do not provide us with your personal information.
By email: email@example.com
Attention: Privacy Officer
465 Milner Ave., Unit 4